The Delivery Driver/Runner is an employee position and supports field operations through pickup and delivery of small tools, construction materials, and other miscellaneous items. This position also assists in maintaining shop operations facilities and performing other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
The Delivery Driver/Runner’s schedule will be approximately 8 hours per day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with ½ hour lunch break; 5 days/week. May have earlier start time or later end time depending on job needs. Usually 40 hours/week with occasional overtime availability. Occasional weekend availability as dictated by job needs.
The Delivery Driver/Runner will report to the scheduler.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate daily MPL’s core values and focus as defined above
- Drive company vehicles, including but not limited to pick-ups and vans, for long distances and/or multiple hours in a safe manner
- Pick up & deliver materials, equipment, etc.
- Follow procedures on inspection of returned equipment. Help track company – owned and rented equipment.
- Monitor stock materials and maintain stock area (ensure area is clean and organized)
- Abides by all traffic rules and regulations while driving in a safe and cautious manner.
- Must be able to hitch trailer to truck when transporting equipment and supplies.
- Applies skill in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situations, such as narrow passageways, difficult weather conditions (rain, fog, darkness)
- Drop off & pick up documents from customers if necessary
- Regular attendance is required for the position.
- Keep a daily log of all deliveries and daily activities.
- Other misc tasks as assigned by scheduler.
- Must be 18 yrs or older
- Must be able to operate a smartphone and GPS
- Must pass a drug screen and be subject to periodic drug screening
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Must have a valid driver license and clean DMV record.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the company office location
- Must be able to communicate effectively both in written and verbal formats
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional dependability/reliability
- Must be able to lift 50 – 90 lbs
- Strong organization skills are preferred
- Ability to operate Excel/Sheets, Word/Docs, etc is preferred
- Previous experience in construction work and driving a truck or an equivalent is preferred
- Ability to review and understand material lists and other construction related documents is preferred
- Ability to operate tandem axle and large box trailers is preferred (hooking up to trucks, backing down driveways, etc.)
- Competitive pay
- Weekly pay schedule
- Uniform shirts provided